Thursday, October 13, 2011

As Always, God Uses a Negative Experience and Provides!

I love how God uses things for good! OK, the negative experience in this case was more of an irritation than anything big, but was still negative!

On October 8 my daughter and I manned a poll for the provincial election, and since we were not able to leave the poll for the entire 14 to 15 hours between arrival and when the ballots were finished being counted, we had to either bring meals or have them delivered. We decided to split on a pizza for supper. I ordered it in advance to be delivered between 5 and 5:30 pm.

When the pizza hadn't arrived by 6:15 we had my son-in-law call the pizza place to find out what had happened. They said that the delivery guy had arrived at the church where the poll was, but couldn't find the room where we were. Since the door was right off the parking lot and clearly marked and all of the voters found it just fine, I didn't believe them. Anyway, the pizza arrived at 6:30 and I asked for a discount, which I was NOT given.

When I got home I emailed the company and complained.

My husband's last pay was very small and we didn't have enough money to buy all of the groceries we need. I didn't know what we were going to do, so I went to my church for help, which the did. But we needed more.

Last night I got an email from the pizza company telling me that they were giving us a $30 credit, which was actually more than I had paid for the original order! I ordered pizza for tonight's supper and they had a great sale on that enabled me to get 2 extra large pizzas and pop for all of us with that $30 credit! Not only was it enough for supper tonight but there was enough leftovers for the girls to take it to school for lunch tomorrow and I had a snack tonight!!!!! I love how God provides, and I didn't even have to cook!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home