Monday, June 12, 2006

Jehovah Jireh

No, I'm not a Jehovah's Witness. Jehovah Jireh simply means "The Lord My Provider". And He has done just that for me and for others.

The other day someone came by and was upset that she had lost her job and on top of that she had been expecting a check that day and it didn't come. She had no food for her kids and wanted to call a friend to ask to borrow money. God touched my heart and I was able to give her a little bit of food to get by until the next day. What I hadn't told her, though, was that I also had to trust God to come through to get us by until we got paid next since when I did the last grocery shopping I counted each and every meal I was buying because I wanted to have enough, but didn't have alot of money. So I had bought exactly what we needed to the next check and no more. Giving food to her meant I would be a day short myself. I don't say this to glorify myself. If I didn't know Jesus personally I likely would not have done this. It was all to HIS credit. This is just to set up the story of His provision for me.

And God did come through. Yesterday an old neighbour who we have kept in touch with came by for a visit. He is a professionally trained chef and works for one of the most prestigious hotels in Niagara Falls. And out of the blue he just offered to cook us a meal. I accepted, thinking he was going to use our food and just cook it for us. But no, he went to the grocery store and bought everything himself. God provided an extra meal that replaced the supper I had given to someone in need! And He did it in a way that was an extra blessing -- a meal I didn't have to cook, cooked by a professional chef!

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Job said...

wow. Amen. I love your stories like this showing God's provision.... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home