Monday, March 03, 2008

Even Our Wants!

I am so excited that God is granting me something that I have wanted badly but was willing to sacrifice!

This coming summer is my sister's 25th wedding anniversary and I badly want to go to Nova Scotia to see her. At first I had planned to use this year's income tax refund to go but God had other plans.

When I first got the refund I was disappointed to find that the amount wouldn't cover the cost of the flight but I decided that if I put what I had into the bank, tried to save more, and/or found a good seat sale maybe I could still go. But God had other plans for that money.

First, we needed groceries so I spent some on that. This left me with only $220. Less than half of the regular fare.

Then when I was at church a friend asked me to borrow some potatoes as she was desperate for food. She also let me know that she needed money so I gave her $20 (I was willing to give more but that was all she would accept). As I took the money from my wallet the thought came to mind that if I was giving her money this would make it LESS likely that I would get to go. But I felt that her need was more important than my want, so I gave it anyway. As I handed it to her I felt the Holy Spirit speak clearly to my heart that I would get my trip.

Then a week ago I heard a sermon on tithing and was convicted because I had been neglecting that area. Now I didn't know what to do because if I tithed our next check this would only leave $90. for groceries for 6 of us for 3 weeks. But then I thought of the $200. I had for my trip. I decided to give that as my tithe of our check. I took the money out of the bank and the next time I was in church I gave it as my tithe with a heavy heart as I felt I was giving up ALL chance of getting to my sister's anniversary. But as I put it into the plate I felt the Holy Spirit remind me, "I told you -- You Will Get Your Trip!"

I had no idea how God was going to get my trip for me, but I trusted Him and He knew how He was going to do it.

In September 2006 my grandmother died, and today my mother got her inheritance. Tonight I got a phone call from her to tell me to watch my mail, as she WAS SENDING ME $1000. WITH ORDERS TO USE IT FOR FUN, NOT BILLS!

I am soooooo excited that I will get to my sister's anniversary celebration!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, Blogger Shauna said...

That fantastic Darlene. God knew the whole time you were going to get that money. You just had to wait for him to work everything out. Have fun in Nova Scotia!

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger Job said...

PRAISE GOD!!! He is amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home