Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm Glad I have A Bladder Infection!

Why am I glad I have a bladder infection? Because I had to go to the walk-in-clinic. Why is that good? Well, because I had to take the bus home again!

You see, while I was waiting for the bus an older gentleman came and sat on the bench beside me and began talking about how lonely he's been since his wife died 3 years ago. So I wanted to tell him about the "friend who sticks closer than a brother", but was too shy to talk directly. I began looking in my purse for a tract to give him but I didn't have any left about that subject. God said to me, "Now you have to tell him verbally." No, I didn't hear voices. I felt His command in my heart. Anyway, I began talking about how Jesus has always been there when I needed Him and He is my friend. The man began to change the subject. I didn't want to be offensive or pushy, so I just talked about what he was and handed him a random tract from my purse.

He told me that he had to quit school as a boy to support his family during the depression, so he couldn't read. He asked me what the tract said. So I explained that we are not perfect but God's standard to enter Heaven or to be His friend is perfection. But since we are not perfect He sent Jesus to pay for our sins (imperfections) so we could still go to Heaven. HE WANTED JESUS TO BE HIS FRIEND! I was able to lead him to Jesus! When he had first sat down at the bus stop he looked lonely and depressed. When he got on the bus he looked happy and peaceful!

Another point -- this was all God's timing. When I was going to go to the clinc I took an earlier bus than I had planned because I needed to Christine to watch the kids and she wanted to go out at the time I had planned to leave. So I left 3 hours earlier than I had planned. Also, I had to go to a different walk-in clinic than I had planned because the closest one didn't open until 3 hours later (the reason I wanted to take the later bus). So I ended up being at the right bus stop at the right time. Then when I got to the bus stop to go home the bus was due any minute. When the man came the bus was a minute or 2 "late". About 10 seconds after the man accepted Jesus the bus rounded the corner! It was right on time for God's purposes!

5 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that is pretty cool, and to think I ALMOST asked you to go later in the day...

Chrissi ~ God Always Listens to Prayer But Humans Don't Always Pay Attention To Him.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Job said...

wow Darlene. wow.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across this site through some other mail sent to me...it's another God thing. My husband (ex-Christian) reads sites trying to justify there is no evidence of God...this is an encouragement to me of how evident God is in the lives of people and the creation of the world! I see Him!!! I'm glad you do too, and want to share it with others!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Evidence of God said...

I am glad I am able to help. You might also be interested in my other blog, "Thinking of God". You can link to it on this blog (right hand side). It is some of my thoughts about God, some of which offer logical arguements why God must exist.

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home